Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Recipe :: Radicchio, Pear, and Arugula Salad from Taffeta & Tulips



Well hello dear readers!  I have a very special surprise for you today.  A few weeks ago Kate from Taffeta & Tulips reached out to me to see if I would be interested in collaborating on a fall food post, and obviously I jumped at the opportunity.  We decided to create recipes based around one of our favorite autumn ingredients - pears.  I created a savory roasted pear and brie tartine and Kate made an absolutely gorgeous radicchio, pear, and arugula salad.  The photos clearly speak for themselves {YUM!} but I'll let Kate tell you more...

Hello Dreams in HD readers!  I'm Kate from Taffeta & Tulips and I was so flattered when Molly agreed to collaborate with me today!  I blog about fashion, food, decor and travel...with a sprinkling of my life as a mom of four littles mixed in.  There's never a dull moment in our busy home so when I'm not blogging, I'm chasing after my three spirited boys, spending quality time with my only daughter (who also takes all my fashion pics...I think she's pretty amazing) or trying to squeeze in a date night with my husband of thirteen years.  I reached out to Molly because she's simply a lovely person (she was one of my very first blogger friends) and I always feel inspired by her beautifully written and photographed posts relating to food, decor, art and fashion.  I'm super excited to meet up with my Molly in a few weeks when she's visiting New York.  Of course, we're going out to eat because isn't that what fellow "foodies" do??

Molly and I agreed on a pear post because we both enjoy seasonal foods and pears are a refreshing alternative to apples during this time of year.  I decided to whip up this radicchio, pear and arugula salad from Giada because I love the combination of the sweet pears coupled with the salty cheese and peppery arugula.  I tweeked the original recipe a bit...I omitted the walnuts, swapped out the parmesan for feta and instead of using the recommended dressing, I chose a lighter option.  Simply squeeze the juice from one or two lemons, add a 1/2 cup of olive oil, a dash of kosher salt and pepper and whisk it all together.  I usually wait to drizzle the dressing over the salad until right before I serve it to avoid wilting...personally, I prefer my salads cold and crisp!

Thank you for reading and be sure to connect with me on Taffeta & Tulips as well as on InstagramTwitterPinterest or Bloglovin.  You can also find me over on CGC Daily as a bi-monthly contributor.  You can read my latest article here.  Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. I'm such a fan of arugula!! I love the sweet and salty with the cheese and pair - such a great combination!!


    www.blovedboston.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love any salad with feta! Such a great and healthy recipe Kate!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kate's blog! And your post over there was fab! Well done ladies!

    xo

    Michaela

    http://michaelajeanblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay this looks just as delicious as Molly's! Great job to the both of you!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks absolutely divine! Kate always has amazing recipes. ;) Xo, Alison


    www.simplyfairbyalisonjeanine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of this collaboration! Always enjoy collecting fall recipes, and I love pears as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely ingredients! Looks really delicious, and healthy!


    Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. this salad looks delicious and like something I could actually make!! beautiful presentation!


    Brittany
    accordingtobrittanyblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful salad! I like this collaboration :)

    XO Chloe

    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete