Friday, September 12, 2014

Interiors :: A Stately New York Townhouse


Last month Domaine featured the Chelsea townhouse of interior designer Betsy Morgan, and let me tell you, it's a STUNNER.  The home is a unique fusion of two different styles and time periods.  The second and third floor feature original architecture from when the townhouse was originally built in 1855.  The ground floor is completely modern.  I'm obviously partial to the former, but I do find it fascinating how Morgan effortlessly brings the two periods together.  The statuesque home has been used as a backdrop for Sarah Jessica Parker's August 2011 Vogue editorial and has housed countless celebrities for various commercials, editorials, and campaigns.  Truly iconic!


Images via Domaine

8 comments:

  1. This townhouse is absolutely stunning! I love all the original details combined with a modern twist. I'm partial to that gorgeous mirror and claw foot bathtub.

    Happy Friday!
    www.livinginsteil.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That child's room is so bright and cheerful! And hello? That shoe closet is everything!! This townhouse is pretty dreamy!


    www.taffetaanftulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I could totally live there, but I have to say the shoe closet is a little small. hehe
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love the traditional but that modern staircase sure makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning! that bed - oh my. i have to say the only thing that feels a little out of place is the stainless staircase, though i am sure in person it looks fantastic. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That completely white bed! *swoon*

    www.misadventuro.us

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pad is insane! I especially love the juxtaposition of antique pieces next to modern mirrored pieces. Perfection!

    P.S. My blog - F Yeah! - turned 1 last week so I'm giving away a Louis Vuitton clutch. If you're interested, enter here --> www.fyeahblog.com/happy-birthday-f-yeah

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I love the mix of pieces and styles!

    ReplyDelete