Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Interiors :: Colorfully


This week we are talking all things color {see earlier posts about colorful travel & fashion}.  Today, I wanted to share with you some rooms that I think use color perfectly.  Looking through these images, it's clear that I am drawn towards a graphic pop of color {be it a single dining chair, a table, or a wall}.  I love how even a couple of bright throw pillows can completely change the feel of an entire room.  Inspired by Victoria Smith's recent post, I painted two of our dining chairs kelly green and absolutely love how they turned out.  Another great option to add a little color to your life...think like a Parisian and paint your front door a bold hue.  Some more ways to incorporate color in your life are below, including some of my favorite picks for the home!


Images via {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8} {9} {10} {11}

19 comments:

  1. i love these interiors... adding a pop of bright color makes everything so much better :D :D a much more happier setting.

    xo, Brikena
    www.jarofjoy.blogspot.com

    if you want, you can follow my blog through bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4121763

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having a really bright pattered rug in an all white kitchen... OR having white couches with lots of crazy colored pillows and a colored rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I need the kitchen with the purple chairs in my life. I love your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green farmhouse chairs!

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, these are all gorgeous! i am not a huge color person, mostly because i have commitment issues, but i love little pops of color like this. and that teal sofa, dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! Such great inspiration photos! Absolutely loving that first pic and loving the purple chairs. My husband might kill me if I bought purple chairs..but I love them! Haha. Spring always makes me want to add some fun colors to the mix. Hot pink is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wall of birds is my fav. Love it!

    http://www.juliechagas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know, such cool wallpaper and i love all the pattern mixing. definitely very whimsical :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i know, i definitely get where you're coming from :) we have an old chest we inherited from ryan's grandparents which we love {but hate the color}...i suggested a bright yellow or hot pink but so far no luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my favorite way to add color is either to paint an old piece of furniture or with accessories...so that when if/when i get sick of it i can just change it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i know, isn't that copper so dreamy?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. me too! colorful rugs are my favorite, and i feel like they stay looking nice way longer than neutral ones...i swear my light grey one in our bedroom looks dirty the day after we vacuum it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that bird wall paper, its so different. Also that beautiful wooden dinner table, exactly what I would want in my own house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, great rooms! I love the pops of color in each one.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING rooms dear :) and Im happy to follow ya.

    Check out my blog today...Hot tips how to Glam hack IKEA furniture:)

    Have a great weekend beautiful

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, love that big wood farm table and the green chairs

    ReplyDelete