Thursday, December 19, 2013

Recipe :: Thyme and Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies

This past weekend I was in the mood to bake cookies, but instead of my standard Chocolate Chip Cookies I decided to try this recipe for Thyme and Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies.  All I can say is YUM!  The savory fleur de sel and fragrant thyme create just the right contrast with the sweet chocolate chips.  The recipe was in grams so I converted to US measurements as best I could, but feel free to use the European recipe here if you have a scale:

Thyme and Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies {from Gourmantine}

INGREDIENTS 
1 1/4 c. butter {recipe calls for 1 c. but I'd recommend adding a little more}
1/2 c. light brown sugar {I added a little more, and about 1/8 c. white sugar}
1 large egg
1 3/4 c. flour
¼ teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
100 g good quality dark chocolate, well chopped
Small bunch thyme, leaves picked out
Fleur de sel for sprinkling

INSTRUCTIONS 
Preheat the oven to 375F.  Line two trays with baking parchment. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.  Add the egg and whisk till incorporated.  Add the dry ingredients and whisk for another 3-5 minutes till the dough is formed.  Stir through dark chocolate and thyme.

Using a small ice cream scoop or two teaspoons, scoop the dough on the lined trays, leaving space between cookies, sprinkle a little fleur de sel on top and bake them for 8 minutes.  If when you remove them from the over you see the salt has melted I would just sprinkle a little more on the top, to give it that pretty flakey look.

Once out of the oven let it cool down for a few minutes on a rack and enjoy them warm with a cup of tea.

More Holiday Sweets: Winter Almond Bark // The BEST Apple Pie, Ever

Follow Dreams in HD on Bloglovin' here

11 comments:

  1. these sound delish! I might just have to make them with my mom.


    seeshopeatdo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned it as well!! Glad to know they are good. I also just bought black salt to make Alison, from heart of Gold, caramel chocolate truffles! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practically drooling right now, these look so tasty!
    Perpetually Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. great recipe Molly, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love adding herbs to desserts. It gives it such an unusual dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol i know the feeling totally...they are quite easy {probably < 20 minutes of prep} which makes them that much more irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh that sounds fantastic! i will definitely check out the recipe. black salt is so beautiful too, i love the way it finishes a dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are SUPER easy and definitely a unique twist on the ubiquitous chocolate chip cookie :) have fun baking with your mom whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally agree with you! my mom and i made shortbread with caraway and rosemary today {via bon appetit} and it turned out fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound delicious. i never thought to put thyme in cookies. Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete