Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Travel :: Florence, Italy

We spent two magical days in the Renaissance gem of Firenze {Florence}, Italy.  And let me tell you, two days was not nearly enough!  I absolutely fell in love with the city and could easily imagine spending at least a week or two there {heck, even living there!}  As I sift through my photos I will leave you a few images I captured during our short time there.

1. Street artists recreated famous paintings on the streets with chalk.  I can barely manage to write the name of my cheeses on a slate slab in chalk, so this really impressed me!
2. A chandelier in the Basilica of Santa Maria Novella
3. A reproduction of Michelangelo's "David" in Piazza della Signoria
4. The gothic masterpiece that is the Basilica of Santa Croce
5. A picture perfect view of Florence and the Duomo from the absolutely stunning Giardino di Boboli
6. Beautiful geometric details on the Duomo Cattedrale
7. One of our many, many cappuccino breaks
8. Even the floors in the Duomo Cattedrale were inspiring
9. Taking in the view on the famous Ponte Vecchio

14 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love the pics of Florence. I would love to go here one day. :)

    xo from San Francisco & Switzerland

    ~Dale Janeè

    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. I love florence. Great pic recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Gorgeous photos!! I am ready to go now! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All of this seems so incredible, 2 days doesnt seem nearly enough! Ive never been outside the US before but I dream about it all the time

    -Chelsea
    http://www.organizedxxmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I always dreamed of going here someday!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sidewalk art. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! I want to go to Florence so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molly {Dreams in HD}November 12, 2013 at 9:15 AM

    thank you sam! it was absolutely wonderful, i wish we could have spent more time there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly {Dreams in HD}November 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM

    i know! i cannot believe they can create those works of art with chalk on the sidewalk! so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molly {Dreams in HD}November 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM

    two days definitely wasn't enough :) europe is absolutely amazing, such a different pace than the US...i just love visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly {Dreams in HD}November 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM

    thank you alecia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly {Dreams in HD}November 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM

    i know, florence is amazing!
    thanks so much for stopping by jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly {Dreams in HD}November 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM

    thank you erika! i am ready to go back myself, especially because we have snow on the ground here this morning!

    ReplyDelete