Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Walaker Hotel

One of the places I am dying to visit is Scandinavia.  In particular Norway.  In particular the beautiful lakeside retreat that is the Walaker Hotel.  The adorable family owned B&B {founded in 1690} is surrounded by mountains and looks on to the fabled Sognefjor.  Days are spent walking, kayaking, relaxing in the property's beautiful gardens, boating, visiting the world's oldest stone church {built in 1930}, and exploring the picturesque surrounding villages.  Evenings are spent enjoying the hotel's gourmet cuisine and watching the sun set over the lake.  Looks like the perfect combination of relaxation, nature, and luxury.  Sign me up!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a fairy tale! I would love to stay here. I can picture beautiful weddings there!

    http://liveitinerantly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks perfectly idyllic. May I tag along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and Sweet BlogSeptember 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

    Can I please go?? Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous hotel in a perfect location. This looks like my kind of place and definitely the type of food I enjoy - delicious and beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete